Recently I had been having really bad pain in my kidneys. So this Friday, after a week of this pain, I decided to go to the doctor (well actually Lennie forced me to go to the doctor). My OBGYN was not available so I went to out new family physician. She believes that I have kidney stones, a common issue in pregnant women. She also informed me that a tense feeling I have been having in my stomach were contractions. Because my contractions were so frequent and because of my possible kidney stones she sent me home with this list of instructions: No lifting over 10 pounds, no working for 5 days, no working at the restaurant and if I have more then 3 contractions an hour, begin to vomit or have intense pain go to the hospital.
I continued to have contractions as well as lower abdominal pain. My contractions were close to 3 an hour, but I didn't want to rush to the hospital if nothing was wrong. Come Saturday morning I was feeling horrible and experiencing 3 contractions an hour. After calling both doctors, my mom, sister, Jamie and Grace to ask their advice and no one answering, I started to get panicked and frustrated. Eventually my mom answered the phone and we decided it was better safe then sorry and I was off to the hospital with Lennie (who left work on a Saturday afternoon, one of our busiest times).
After getting hooked up to the monitors and being examined I was told everything was FINE! The doctor told me that premature labor is so rare these days that they will only get really worried if the contractions are 10 min or less apart.
Thankfully this was a false alarm, but this experience taught me that if I'm worried its better to do something about it right away, rather then stressing about it, questioning it and waiting it out. The added stress will only make me feel worse then I already do.
Apart from that, everything is great! Gage (yes it's 100% his name) is kicking away in my tummy :) and seems to be healthy as can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment