Monday, November 29, 2010

It's not always about the 'glow'...

While the joy of knowing you are growing this beautiful being inside of you is one of the most exciting things you can experience; I must say pregnancy is not always about the 'pregnancy glow'. In fact on most days I can definitely say that I m far from glowing. Here are just a FEW of the side effects of being pregnant.

1) Remember when you were 16 and all you wanted to do was sleep? Well times that by 20 and that is how a pregnant women feels. The feeling of being eternally tired is one that plaques me every day. It's quite sad actually, even small things like blowing drying my hair, make me wanna take a 30 minute nap. The other hard part about this constant lack of sleep is explaining to your spouse why you are in bed ALL THE TIME. Eventually the pregnant card is not gonna cut it haha.

2) Your body creates enough gas to fuel a small community. I burp ALL the time (I know as if I didnt burp enough before). I burp when Im hungry, when Im full, when Im tired....I burp when the green traffic light goes red... I think you get the point. It becomes so natural that sometimes I catch myself openly burping in public.

3) The Great expectations of pregnancy eating is non-existent. This one is particularly hard for me since my husbands a chef. There is no worse insult that telling a chef you dont want to eat what they have prepared. The sad thing is I WANT TO EAT IT, I want to enjoy a delicious meal full of seasoning and garlic, unfortunately my pregnant belly doesnt. Things that I used to love and crave daily, now make me want to throw up in my mouth. I no longer crave sweets or Mexican food or sushi, which may be a good thing for my expanding waist line.

4) You would think that when you tell some one your pregnant they would congratulate you and tell you all of the wonderful things about being a parent. NOPE. I have heard the following: Your going to get really fat, your never going to sleep again, and you cant do ANYTHING after the baby is born. But my all time faves are the ones about whats going to happen to my vagina:  your vagina is never gonna be the same, your gonna have to wear a diaper for weeks,  and your gonna squirt pee everywhere. One guy at work now calls me "oatmeal" because he says his GF's discharge resembled oatmeal. YUCK.

Even with all of these not so ideal factors, I am still excited for the next 4 months of pregnancy and for the birth my little bean sprout.

1 comment:

  1. EW!!! #4 MADE ME FEEL WEIRD!
    but the rest of it was fun to read :)
    start taking pictures of your belly!!!

    ReplyDelete